Question and Answer
Will my Medigap policy cover mental health care?
I've been told Medicare covers only 65 percent of the Medicare-approved amount for most mental health services in 2013. Do Medigap policies cover the remaining 35 percent percent or do they only cover the usual 20 percent?
All Medigap policies (insurance you buy to fill gaps in Medicare) cover the remaining 35 percent of the Medicare-approved amount for outpatient mental health services. Note that in 2014, Medicare will pay 80 percent of the Medicare approved amount for mental health care and you will pay 20 percent.
return to referring page