How do I switch from a Medicare Advantage plan to Original Medicare?

Question 4 of 9 (use "Last" or "Next" buttons to see more)

To leave a Medicare Advantage plan and ensure that the change is reflected immediately, call 800-MEDICARE directly and ask the Medicare representative to disenroll you from your Medicare Advantage plan. You will be automatically enrolled in Original Medicare when you disenroll.

Note: You can also disenroll by calling your Medicare Advantage plan directly, but it might take longer for your request to be processed.

You are limited in when and how often you can change your Medicare Advantage plan during the year (this is known as lock-in).

Related Questions
Can my state give me more rights and protections than federal law regarding Medigap plan enrollment?

Donate Now!
If you would like to find information specific to your state, press the arrow on the drop down menu to select your state.
Go to previous question Go to next question
Changing your Medicare Advantage plan

Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Medigap (Medicare Supplement) Policies & Guide

State Insurance Department Websites

< Last | Next >