Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
In this course, you will learn how to make an informed decision about Medicare coverage, first by learning the two different ways that Medicare benefits are offered: through Original Medicare administered directly through the federal government and through Medicare Advantage Plans offered by private insurance companies that contract with the federal government. We will talk about the broad categories of care, program costs, and excluded services under Original Medicare, and then see how Medicare Advantage Plans must cover all the same services, but may do so with different costs, restrictions, and additional benefits. You will also learn about Medigap supplemental policies and public benefits available to help those with lower incomes afford care.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the two main ways an individual can receive their Medicare benefits
- Describe the differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Help beneficiaries decide which Medicare option works best for them
This course contains the following features:
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers