Courses are compatible with desktops and laptops.
In this course, you will learn about the coverage and costs under Original Medicare Part A, also known as hospital insurance. You will learn about key areas of Part A coverage: inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facility care, home health care, and hospice care. We’ll also explore cost components for Part A, including what constitutes premium-free Part A for beneficiaries or their spouses based on work history, what determines a benefit period and how the Part A deductible applies to each period, and how coinsurances may apply for Part A-covered services, depending on what type of service is received.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the services Part A covers
- Understand when Part A will cover those services
- Explain the three Part A costs: premiums, deductibles, and coinsurances
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers