Courses are compatible with desktops and laptops.
This course focuses on Medigaps, also known as supplemental insurance plans or policies, which work with Original Medicare and pay some or all of the costs that Medicare does not cover, such as deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. You will learn about the 10 different standardized Medigap policies, labeled A through N, and explore how different lettered plans may offer different levels of coverage, but all plans under the same letter—regardless of the insurer issuing them—must offer the same level of coverage. You’ll see how premium costs can vary widely from insurer to insurer, depending on if the plan uses community-rated, attained-age-rated, or issue-age-rated pricing. Finally, you will find out when an individual can purchase a Medigap and learn about the guaranteed issue right.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what a Medigap is
- Determine when a beneficiary has the right to buy a Medigap
- Identify the different types of Medigaps
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers