Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
A person with Medicare will file different types of appeals depending on the type of service they receive and the type of coverage they have. In this course, we will talk about Original Medicare appeals, which beneficiaries may file if they are denied a health care service or item and think that it should be covered. You will learn about the five steps of filing a standard appeal and also how to file an expedited appeal for hospital and non-hospital care.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when a beneficiary may start an Original Medicare appeal
- Explain the difference between Original Medicare standard and expedited appeals
- Navigate expedited appeals for ending hospital care and ending non-hospital care
- Understand the steps in the different Original Medicare appeal processes
This course contains the following features:
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers