Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops and laptops. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
In this course, you will learn about the Medicaid program in more detail and how it affects lower-income Medicare beneficiaries. We will explore the basics of Medicaid, including eligibility and state-specific rules. Specifically, you will find out how individuals can qualify for Medicaid in some states by taking advantage of a Medicaid spend-down, participating in a trust program, or enrolling through the Medicaid Buy-In program. You will learn about Medicaid coverage, including mandatory and optional benefits, and go into detail about Institutional Medicaid and Medicaid waiver programs for beneficiaries who need long-term care. The course will also introduce MAGI (Modified Adjusted Gross Income) Medicaid, including Medicaid for expansion populations under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), available to individuals with higher income limits than traditional Medicaid. You will also find out how individuals transition from MAGI Medicaid to Medicare and possible outcomes.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what Medicaid is and what makes someone eligible
- Understand how to apply for Medicaid
- Discuss the services Medicaid covers
- Help beneficiaries transition among different types of Medicaid
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers