Original Medicare Part B covers COVID-19 vaccines, regardless of whether you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan. You will owe no cost-sharing (deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance). Speak with your doctor to learn more about your eligibility to receive the vaccine and its availability in your state. You can also contact your state or local health department for more information.
You should bring your red, white, and blue Medicare card with you to your vaccination appointment, even if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan. If you do not have your card on you, your vaccine provider will ask you for your Social Security number so that they can look up your Medicare information.
Be aware of fraud schemes related to the vaccine. Do not share your Medicare number with anyone except for trusted health care providers. Be wary of people who ask for your financial information. You cannot pay to get earlier access to the vaccine, and the vaccine should not cost you anything. Contact your Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) if you suspect you have experienced Medicare fraud.
COVID-19 booster shots
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved COVID-19 boosters for many people. Medicare covers COVID-19 booster shots with zero cost-sharing. Speak with your doctor to learn more about boosters and whether you are eligible for one. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for more information.
National vaccine resources
For information about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the CDC website.
To find a COVID-19 vaccine appointment in your area, visit www.vaccinefinder.org.
New York vaccine resources
Here are some resources you can use to find a vaccination site in New York and to schedule an appointment. If there are no vaccination sites or appointments available near you, keep checking back. More appointments will become available over time, and new vaccination sites may open.
New York State
- Call the New York State COVID vaccination hotline to schedule an appointment: 1-833-NYS-4VAX (1-833-697-4829)
- Visit health.ny.gov to check your eligibility and find a vaccination site in New York State
New York City
- Call 1-877-VAX-4NYC (1-877-829-4692) to schedule an appointment
- If you are 65+ and cannot get to your vaccination site, call this hotline to learn if you are eligible for free transportation services
- Visit the NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Finder to find a vaccination site and schedule an appointment
- Local pharmacies and health centers are common vaccination sites
- Visit NYC 311 for vaccine information
- If you are homebound and think you may be eligible to receive the vaccination at home, fill out this interest form to learn more.