Medicare Interactive toolkits provide a variety of resources to help you navigate complex Medicare topics. This toolkit explains the various coverage options available for New York beneficiaries eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dual-eligibles). Topics covered by toolkit includes:
- Dual-eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
- Options for beneficiaries who need long-term care, such as Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) and the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- Decision-making for special populations
Be sure to refer your clients to the Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN) for additional questions or assistance navigating coverage options.
This toolkit was made possible with support from the Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation and the van Ameringen Foundation.
You are welcome to print and use these fliers to help yourself or your clients better understand their coverage options.
- D-SNP basics
- Integrated care basics
- MAP consumer factsheet
- MAP advocate factsheet
- Long-term care coverage options for dually eligible New Yorkers
- Important long-term care definitions
- Coverage options for dually eligible New Yorkers FAQ
- Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) appeals
- Default enrollment in New York
- Coverage options for people with Medicare and Medicaid in New York table