Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops and laptops. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
The information in this course applies to New York State only. For information about Medicare assistance programs on a national level, refer to Level 4, Course 4: Medicare Assistance Programs.
This Special Topics Course provides detailed information about how Medicare beneficiaries in New York State can qualify for and enroll in programs to help save them money on their Medicare costs. You will learn how to screen and help clients apply for the Medicare Savings Program (MSP), Extra Help, and Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC).
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Medicare basics
- Determine if an individual is eligible for programs that can help with their Medicare costs
- Complete and submit applications for Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs), Extra Help, and Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC)
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers
- Responsive design that allows access from desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices