Courses are compatible with desktops and laptops.
In this course, you will learn about Medicare Advantage (MA) appeals, or appeals beneficiaries make to their Medicare Advantage Plan if the plan is denying a health care service or item that they would like to receive or have already received. You will learn about standard appeals for both pre-service and post-service denials. We will also review standard and expedited appeals and their applicable timelines.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when a beneficiary may start a Medicare Advantage appeal
- Explain the difference between Medicare Advantage standard and expedited appeals
- Navigate expedited appeals for ending hospital care and ending non-hospital care
- Understand the steps in the different Medicare Advantage appeal processes
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- Review tests at the end of every course – 80% or higher mark to pass the course and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers